Friday, February 3, 2017

Som Tum (Papaya Salad)


                                                               Papaya Salad

Papaya Salad is one of my favorite dishes. I used to eat very spicy but I now I don't know what is wrong with me. I still can eat spicy but not as much as I used to. In this dish, some people put dry shrimp. It's very hard to find here or if you can find the cost would be very expensive! Sometimes I use fresh shrimps instead and that test much better in my opinion. In Thailand people mix it by mortar and pestle but I found out that the papaya here much softer than in my country so I just used a zip-lock bag to mix it, that's all.

Ingredients

Shredded green papaya 2 cups
Jalapeno 1-2 items
Peanuts 3 tablespoons
Tomatoes 1-2 items
Fish sauce 1 tablespoon ( You can use salt if you'd like 1 teaspoon)
Palm sugar or brown sugar 1 tablespoons
Fresh lime juice 1-2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 clove ( Optional)


Directions

Put everything in a big bowl and mix them together by using a zip lock bag or glove to cover your hand. Put on a plate and eat by itself or with sticky rice. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Papaya Salad (Som Tam)